Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found out
Hi, my name is Emma. My fiance has been a compulsive gambler for 6 years roughly. one thing i will say straight away is his friends will know.. don't worry about telling them, they are most probably aware, but guys stick together and they won't tell you out of loyalty to him. My bf is in alot of trouble, debt and owing various people money. I trusted him that he was going to GA but it turned out he was lying. A gambler is a liar.. its part of the disease. I love him, but i can never trust him again with money. like your husband, he has always been bad with money. whenever he asks me for a penny, i have to be strong and say no, even though he is crying and begging me. im only 24 and feel like the world is on my shoulders. the hard thing about gambling is it is a disease. If he cheated on me for example, i could walk away.. but i know he is not doing this to hurt me, the same as your husband. i would really advise that you take him to the GA meetings, for a few weeks atleast.. this way you can rest knowing he is there, getting help and support. stopping him going out won't help.. I tries that and he just did it on the way back from work, or when he went to the shops.. he now needs to face the music and pay these debts off. i helped my bf the first time, but he only went and did it again, so be careful if you decide to help him financially. Hope it all works out for you... i hope he has more will power than my bf.. good luck, emma x

Messages In This Thread
Just found out - by Endeavour - 03-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Re: Just found out - by Endeavour - 04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Re: Just found out - by worriedem - 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Re: Just found out - by Lil1 - 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM