Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have a problem still?
Hi steven
My name is scott and i am a recovering compulsive gambler.
My story is very similar to your's as is a lot of peoples. It sounds to me like you are lacking contentment and happiness in your life which is why you keep having these urges to continue gambling and then justify them (denial). I was suffering from the same problems so i chose to get some serious help from a rehab clinic where i had 1-2-1 councelling which looked at my behaviour patterns and why i felt the need to change the way i felt through external things like gambling. Since coming out of the 12 weeks of rehab a yr ago i have learn't so much about who i am and why i do the things i do. I continue to follow the 12 steps of recovery programme one day at a time and no longer to have a desire to gamble. I have gone from having low self worth being selfcentred, angry, fearful and full of self pity to a life of contentment, happiness, humble and accepting to life and others around me. It is such today that i am able to be myself and please everyone around me. (It's better to be disliked for who i am rather than be liked for who i'm not)
I hope this may help you with you road to recovery but if you choose to change nothing then nothing will change.

Take care
Scott.

Messages In This Thread
Do I have a problem still? - by neilboy27 - 10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Re: Do I have a problem still? - by neilboy27 - 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Re: Do I have a problem still? - by jamie - 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Re: Do I have a problem still? - by neilboy27 - 10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Re: Do I have a problem still? - by wangman28 - 10-05-2011, 08:00 PM