Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Step one and step two.
Hi
My instant reaction in anger hatred intolerance helps me understand that I am not healed and have emotional resolve from my past.
Even once a person has died it will mean we may not have emotional resolve with our self or with the perpetrators that caused pain and trauma to me.
By us allowing our self to talk about the past is not us playing the victim if so we would want sympathy and pity telling of or experience.
By us sharing our painful trauma means we no longer carry hatred resentments to people who have hurt us.
Yet by talking about experiences and setting healthy boundaries based up on peace we help others overcome fears and their anxieties.
I found the only way I could stopping people from picking on me was to have a voice and boundaries set from a healthy place.
The change from avoiding people life and situations to acknowledging our past we learn from it yet no longer live in it.
If we are still connected to unhealthy dysfunctional people who will justify unhealthy actions and unhealthy words we will need to have our say, to not justify any part we play but to just say that I was a part of the unhealthy life and I have learned and resolved my past and moved on from being unhealthy.
Did my unhealthy actions and my unhealthy words hurt other people, yes I did and I was a very unhealthy person at that time.
Being in the recovery program I am able to understand that I am healing and moving on from my unhealthy past.
The rage in me that rises unexpectedly was the remains of my past pains.
Being angry expressive aggressive should not be dumped on other people in any way.
Me being angry suppressive aggressive should not happen as I am not dealing with things in my life internally or in a healthy way, it is wise to talk things out with people not emotionally attached to the situation.
Unhealthy dysfunctional people will justify and blame their unhealthy actions and my unhealthy words and would even say they wanted justice.
Saying I wanted justice was not true I was in effect wanting vengeance and wanted to transfer my pains fears and frustrations on other people.
By us sharing the pains of our past enables us to not only heal the pains but also reduce the fears due to the pains caused up on us.
What I found was very strange as I healed that hurt little child in me that children and dogs warmed towards me and came up to me.
I then understood that they saw in me my fearlessness, and that I was not only not a threat to other people and that fearlessness showed that I was more trusting than the normal person in our society.
Is it healthy to live in any kind of fear today, have I faced my fears, have I faced my biggest fears in my life today.
When I face my biggest fears in my life today, if the very worst that can happens can I accept the very worst out come.
Instantly when I am willing to accept the very worst that can happens my fears reduce instantly.
By facing our biggest fears, every fear we face after that gets easier and simpler.
My fears of rejection and abandonment was so huge, today those fears are so low there si no stress what so ever.
By being fearless I can be myself today.
No more person pleasing, no more seeking approval, no more doing things conditionally, no more trying to make people laugh, no more trying to impress people.
By doing step twelve I am suppose to make other people feel comfortable so that they no longer filled with fears in our meetings.
The reference to the light bulb moment when suddenly people can not only relate to another persons therapy they can see and feel them self in another person today.
Some times it takes years for the light bulb moment to happen yet it is very powerful and has an impressive impact on other peoples recovery.
Love and peace to every one.
Dave L
AKA Dave of Beckenham

Messages In This Thread
Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 24-05-2011, 07:47 PM
RE: Understanding Step one and step two. - by gadaveuk - 25-11-2019, 07:13 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 29-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 05-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Paula - 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 19-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 25-11-2011, 07:08 PM