Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new fool
Hi Moneymug, guest and moonie06,

thank you for sharing your experiences on the forum, I was a single mum and used to go to bingo with every spare penny i could find. I worked in pubs and put all my tips etc in the fruit machines, then the internet arrived and a whole new world of gambling was open to me. I could gamble in private, no one would know, but I was wrong, 27 years of gambling brought me to an impass, stop or die......suicide crossed my mind on more than one occasion, my life was at rock botton, i thought the only way out is death. Then I found GA....and almost 10 months later, I have money in my account, I have a grandchild to look forward to in January and all my debts are going away, slowly, but getting there. Thanks to the one day at a time programme, and the wonderful people I have met in the meetings.
boredom is not good, isolation is worse, Moneymug, we have an online meeting in the chat on a thursday night at 9pm, its a meeting for all compulsive gamblers, new to us and old.
Guest and Moonie, i would suggest to you that attending GA meetings, live ones, is your next step, GA can make things better for anyone who wants it. I hope you all find this helpful and find a meeting near you, all is not lost.

There is hope.
Thankyou
Mo

Messages In This Thread
new fool - by Thomasagor - 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Re: new fool - by Guest - 26-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Re: new fool - by WilliamGer - 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Re: new fool - by mo8865 - 16-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Re: new fool - by Poster David - 19-08-2011, 09:10 AM