Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the end of my tether
Many thanks to you both for your replies. My previous post in April was under the log-in "daisychain" but for some reason, this time it wouldn't let me use this name! We have both previously attended GA/Gamanon and yes, I did find it helpful.
I haven't yet confronted my husband with what I posted but think I will do so tonight. In response to the comment about internet gambling, does the gambler not need to give bank account details/card details? My husband does not have a bank account and his wage is paied directly into my account. I do check the statements and would know if there were any "strange"debits I think. Is there any other way he could do this?
Thanks to sherrie for your info. re. friends and family section. I think I would find this helpful. I do also find it helpful however looking at this site and seeing the determination, resolve and success stories of some gamblers with the hope that one day, my husband could be one of the successes.
I think what this site does for carers is make us realise that we are not alone.
That is why on Friday, I felt that this site was the only way to be open without being judged. I didn't feel that I could talk to friends or family as they would give advice without understanding how it feels.
Again, many thanks and I would appreciate any further comments from both gamblers and carers. X

Messages In This Thread
At the end of my tether - by flickchick - 16-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Re: At the end of my tether - by 1969steveb - 17-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Re: At the end of my tether - by Guest - 17-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Re: At the end of my tether - by flickchick - 18-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Re: At the end of my tether - by flickchick - 18-07-2011, 08:59 PM