Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this - big step
Hi, I'm a 43 year old female who has finally realised that I have a problem. I have a good job and home life which to be fair has deteriorated over the last year with me hiding my addiction for gambling! I am now at the point where I have lied continuously, in debt up to my eyeballs, behind with all my bills and feel like I have nowhere to turn! My husband will most definitely want a divorce after I promised I wouldnt gamble when he found out I had spent thousands not once but twice! OMGosh......what do I do.......I have considered all sorts! I really am at the point where I want to run away from it all. I am not sleeping...I have gambled my monthly wage which is what pays 90 percent of all our bills and I don't know what to do! HELP!!!
Hi Millerfun,
Obviously you need help as you can't carry on with the debts and the feelings of guilt and not sleeping. Try and get to a GA meeting, they really do help. Try and ring national debt helpline they will give you some excellent advce and info on how to get out of your situation.
Good luck.
Steve.
Thank you so much for your kind words. My next step is to go to a meeting.....very nervous but will give it a go! Nothing to lose - so to speak!