Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken hearted partner
I just want to say thank you for your kind replies, and for reading my post in the first place. Admitting to myself and now to others that my partner's gambling has been a big - and positive - step. I am so glad I found this site. Initially I was so devastated to learn that there is no "cure" for this addiction, but from the reading I have done I am starting to see it as an illness and this helps me to feel some compassion for my partner. If I don't then I am just consumed by the pain and by anger which are not good things to carry around inside. We have not discussed the issue of money recently but I have done everything I can think of to protect myself and our son financially, so that is another important step. I have also come to realise that I cannot control my partner's behaviour, and focusing all my energy on doing so is futile and exhausting. I guess I just have to let him go down whatever route he is following at the moment. This is so much easier to say than do, and I do wake in the night feeling full of panic, because I think this route will involve pain for us all, but maybe I have to let him get to rock bottom, and who knows maybe then there will be something positive out of all that pain. I don;t know if that makes any sense. Anyway, in the meantime I am thinking of going to a gamanon meeting. I'm not ready for that now, but it is good to know it is out there.
I wish you all much strength. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Broken hearted partner - by Sveta-IuQ - 22-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Re: Broken hearted partner - by nottingham2009 - 23-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Re: Broken hearted partner - by helen - 24-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Re: Broken hearted partner - by Sveta-IuQ - 31-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Re: Broken hearted partner - by Guest - 01-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Re: Broken hearted partner - by Broken Hearted 2 - 01-09-2011, 11:06 PM