Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcoming my addiction
Hello Dougal,

Thankyou for your comments. You do not mention whether or not you are actively attending Gamblers Anonymous meetings?

Not sure why you went to the races last week? I presume you had a 'cast iron' reason for attending - like maybe you're the racecourse manager and make your living there - and you had to open the gates so that numerous other people could make theirs too? If you went just for morbid curiosity to see whether you could manage, on will power alone, to not have a bet, i'd say you're playing with fire.

Take heed, people who play with fire eventually get burnt!

The "home" page here has a link to "meetings". I would recommend you check out where your local meetings are and then go and attend some. I would recommend this course of action to anyone reading this who thinks they may have a problem with gambling. Attending Gamblers Anonymous meetings, spending time in the company of other real people with a common aim (not placing a bet) really helps my recovery. It may be that it can help yours too and make it even better than you think it is.

Take care

'Poster' David

Messages In This Thread
Overcoming my addiction - by Dougal - 15-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by slalomskiboy - 16-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by Poster David - 17-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by Dougal - 19-09-2011, 01:50 PM