Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help.
Really feel for you.

I too have lost everything when I had - and should still have - so much.

Gambling bought me the same results and the same feelings. i can't say my financial posion has improved dramatically or that relations with my now ex are any better.....but things are certainly not worse and within my heart I feel a million times better. I accept what I am and how powerless I am. I am and always will be powerless when I gamble....but I'm not now so powerless that I can't resist gambling in the first place.

My advice? Go to GA.....but don't only go there to help yourself....go there to help others by scaring them with your story of where gambling can lead them. Go there being prepared to be inspired. Go there to admire how others have lifted up from their rock bottoms. Go there to encourage others in their recoveries. Go there to applaud what others have achieved. Go there and care about others. Above all... go there and care about others.

The more you care about others the more you will care about yourself. The more you care about yourself the more the thought of gambling will become abhorrent to you. When somebody asks you how you are, don't fob them off with a grunted "ok" but tell them honestly and then ask them how they are and listen and care about their response.

It's a long long road.....but commit to the journey and the scenery gets better and better and takes your mind off your aching feet!

Messages In This Thread
Help. - by wangman28 - 30-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Re: Help. - by Guest - 13-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Re: Help. - by barrieexgambler - 14-10-2011, 09:20 AM