Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just told my parents and my girlfriend for the 4th time
Hi all,

Tonight I told my parents and my girlfriend of 7 years that I've been gambling again for 2 months and have maxed out my overdraft. I wish I could say that this is the first time I've done it but it's the 4 time where I've gambled away a lot of money and had to tell them. The first time was when I was 18, the 2nd was when I was 21, the 3rd was 6 months later and this time I am 23.

I feel horrible, I have let them all down again and have gone back on my word. I thought I could handle it but obviously I couldn't and just ended up spending all the money I had until it was gone today.

Luckily I have managed to save up money and given it to my parents during these 5 years which has enabled me to pay off my overdraft but that money was meant to be going towards a house for my girlfriend and I and now she doesn't know whether she can live with me or not.

I don't know whether anyone has been in this situation before, but I have gambled money which is mine, never stolen it or used rent money. I'm pretty sure if I knew I had to pay the mortgage that month and certain bills would come out then I wouldn't gamble that money as I know I have to use it for that. But obviously my girfriend doesn't believe that and shes quite right for her to be like that. I just hope I can show her that I would never use our money to gamble when we have a flat/house together. I hope I will never use my own money to gamble either after all this.

This is my last chance or I lose everything. I know this is a bit of a rant but just wanted to get my thoughts out there instead of keeping them in like I have done for the last 3 times.

Messages In This Thread
Just told my parents and my girlfriend for the 4th time - by Guest - 03-10-2011, 11:34 PM