Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling family about CG and GA
I got a lot of good advice from my meeting last night after I asked them for their suggestions. I've spent most of today thinking about it again and this evening I got my opportunity to speak to mum without any interruptions. I grabbed the opportunity and in as gentle a way as possible while trying to make it as easy as possible to understand I told her the basics and that I'm going to my meetings and that so far it is working for me. Mum said that she thought I was going to some sort of anonymous program but hadn't been able to work out what for. She's been very understanding about it though and I told her about gamanon too for if she wanted to discuss it with other people who are family and friends of gamblers. I don't know if she will ever come to an open meeting or gamanon but if she does then I've opened the door for her.

I'm feeling a ton better for doing it as she knew something was up but didn't know what. Whether I live to regret it or not time will tell but I really feel that for me it was the right move and importantly the right time.

Messages In This Thread
Telling family about CG and GA - by Rmllbzd - 07-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Re: Telling family about CG and GA - by Poster David - 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Re: Telling family about CG and GA - by Rmllbzd - 11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Re: Telling family about CG and GA - by barrieexgambler - 12-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Re: Telling family about CG and GA - by Rmllbzd - 13-10-2011, 02:37 AM