Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help, please
My partner and i have been together almost 8 years and we have a good relationship. my partner was always so anti gambling because he saw what it did to his dad as he was growing up. but 3 years ago that all changed. He went on holiday with a friend and started betting on football. then last year that changed, for the worse. He met a guy who befriended him and got him into betting on horses. Now everytime he has money he goes in the betting shop. when he wins he thinks he is invisible and then when he loses he is a moody as hell. we dont earn alot and have a young child to look after and i dont know what to do anymore. I told him he will lose me and his son if he doesnt stop or at least control it and he was doing really well. only going in at weekends, but the last few weeks he has been in there everyday and in one day he gave them hundreds. I just need to know what to do. We are constantly arguing now and everytime i talk about it he makes me feel like im nagging. do i need to nag? or do i stay quiet and let him pull us all down??
Don't nag it doesn't do anything but cause more arguments. If he not gonna stop just start putting blockers in his way, offer a lift to bookies and tell him to hurry as you are both going somewhere with child. It'll give him a bit of cahnce to punt but u have restricted time.

Arrange 4 him to pic up child at times when he normally calls to bet. Hopefully he doesnt look for different ways to gamble, I really know wot ur going thru i put my ex through it all. Distraction can work but is prob not the answer hence the ex. I don't know I can't bring myself to go to a meeting either and look in here from time to time but prob everyone reading ur story can relate to it.

he knows himself wot happening if he seen his dad doing it but just can't control himself. Believe me he not doing it to inflict pain or hurt on u or the child- its a sickness were u can't take medicine or a tablet but he needs to realize it can't go on that way.

I really hope things work out for you