Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is my turning point
Hi James,
Two years ago I was where you are today in terms of your gambling problem. You've started to invest more money and time than you can afford and alarm bells have started to ring telling you that this isn't right. Somewhere in the back of your mind you are doubting you have a problem but instead you have just been unlucky recently. I came on here two years ago and asked for advice similar to you are doing now. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't as bad as the people offering advice. I was wrong. I was advised to stop gambling period. I didn't. I continued to bet on football whilst kidding myself that I would never play roulette ever again. If I won my football bet I would invest those winnings on the roulette machine and if I didn't win my football bet I would invest other money trying to recoup my losses on the roulette machine. If I won I wanted more and if I lost I wanted it all back and wouldn't stop until I ran out of money. I have two years experience of trying to quit. I have failed several times but each time I learn something new about my problem which makes me better equipped for success next time. The last thing I learned eighty odd days ago was that I can never set foot in a bookies ever again and I haven't and because of that I am a far better, happier person.
Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
This is my turning point - by Guest - 25-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 27-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 28-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 31-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by ralphypne - 02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Tomso - 03-11-2011, 07:40 PM