Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is my turning point
Hello mate, I can empathise with your story more than any other on this site. Not because it is much different but I am similar to you in that I am also a student myself who gambles huge sums of money that even the most hardened gambler would hate to lose. I used to play a lot of online poker and the best place to start with dealing with that is to either self exclude yourself from the site ( as I have done) or set yourself a limit. But it is very difficult to that if you have a problem as it escalates very quickly.
I am fortunate enough to have a lot of people around me who have experienced the highest highs and lowest lows of gambling that can guide me through the tough times, but even though I have tried to give up I have had a relapse over the last few days. A bitter pill to swallow, but the only advice I can give, that I have been given is to try and find a hobby, or another interest, 'cos let's face it, we only gamble when we are bored. Or if you are at Uni spend more of your time on your work, and having a laugh with your mates. You are only young and at the moment have probably not lost enough money to seriously harm your future, but if you, like me don't take hold soon, gambling, WILL, not maybe, ruin your life.

Bradley

Messages In This Thread
This is my turning point - by Guest - 25-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 27-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 28-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Guest - 31-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by ralphypne - 02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: This is my turning point - by Tomso - 03-11-2011, 07:40 PM