Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot change how I feel
Mav

Lots of us have days that are split into a million emotions, sometimes every day feels like a hundred years, we understand what you are telling us mate, we also know that you need space to think, and often that space means that we need to back off for a bit... that is all fine mate, take it steady and one day it will make more sense

Adie
Hi Maverick

When I was gambling thought and action were one of the same thing. When I came to GA I came to understand that there is a huge difference between the two. I can not control my thoughts but I can control my actions. That then led me to understand that Abraham Lincoln was right when he said "most folk are as happy as they make up their minds to be." I can choose to be happy or sad, angry or forgiving, Inferiour or superiour, helpful or unhelpful etc. I can allow or refuse to allow others to make me have negative thoughts. I have the choice and so do you. Evey day I pray to God for the power of restraint, the gift of happiness regardless of my circumstances and that of acceptance of what is, is how it's meant to be. It works for me.

Take care
BDT