Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I admit I have a problem
Thank you to the people who left a post here..
It has been really helpful to me.

I have had a bit of an emotional rollercoaster of a past few days. On monday I told my family back in Ireland everything. I felt it was important as Im due to go home on fri. It was very tough but they are fully behind me and just want to support me as much as they can. I then went to a 12 step programme where i admitted for the first time to the guys there that I had a problem. I contacted my landlord and told him everything and again he has chosen to be supportive and give me another chance. He even says that he would be willing to go to the bank with me the next time I get paid. It has been very tough being honest and open to everyone but I just feel as if a massive weight has been lifted off me now that everything is in the open.

If you are reading this and are in th same position of worrying about telling people all I can say is that by doing so it has been the best decision I have made in my life.

I know these are small steps and I still have a long way to go. But the difference in the space of the past week has been amazing. I am now excited about the new year. My next step is to start attending a regular GA meeting once I get back to England.

SWJB

Messages In This Thread
I admit I have a problem - by Guest - 17-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Re: I admit I have a problem - by Roxannesins - 17-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Re: I admit I have a problem - by barrieexgambler - 18-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Re: I admit I have a problem - by Guest - 22-12-2011, 05:59 AM