Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live chat
Hi all, just want to put a few lines down about the live chat facility available on this site.

At the meeting that I go to I've voiced my opinion that although this website serves a purpose it cannot replace the benefit of a face to face meeting, but should be used in conjunction with meetings. Only my opinion and I'm sure there's people out there who will disagree and that's fine but I've spent more and more time on the live chat over this last week and I've become slightly disillusioned with some of the members that go on there. I'm sure that 99.9% of people mean well but I think that sometimes things go way of the beaten track and there is a possibility that someone logging on who is after a little support may log off feeling worse than when they first went on. I appreciate that it is an open chat room and people can say what they like on there but my advice to anyone who is logging on for the first time just needs to be a little careful. There is no miracle cure for you and some of the things that others will say may not help you.

I quite often don't say anything when I'm on the live chat as I just tend to read what others are saying, especially if there is quite a number of members logged in. However, there has been a couple of occasions when I've been on (normally in the mornings) when there has only been one or two others on and I've found that these tend to be newbies (I'm only 60 days in so still a newbie myself) and I've managed to, I hope, pass on a few words of encouragement to these guys and girls.

So before I go I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and if you go on to the live chat, whether it be looking for support or you end up giving support please think about what you're typing before pushing send. I am the first person to say that I don't want a pat on the back for not having a bet for x amount of days but some people do need that well done.

Stay safe everyone

Mjh
Hello, I am Sami and i am a cg. I have been logging into the chat room for 8 months now and I can honestly say i have received so much help and support from many who have been here to continue working the 12th step. To the many who are here to carry the 12th step through-- blessings-- I remember my first few days here when I was a newbie and felt so relieved to be able to type in my screen name and know that someone is also logged in ready to give the helping friendly hand of GA. To our newbies who have been in the room lately-- yes -- this room still serves as a friendly hand of GA-- the support is here and you as a newbie should be informed that you are also lending the Ga helping hand by logging in -- yes my point-- newbie-- or oldie-- we are all here for the same reason-- to give and receive support-- Just as the saying "From the mouth of a Baby"-- our new comers who come into the room do give us support-- they remind of us our earlier days of wanting to end this horrid addiction and what it has caused us and how much serenity we have felt through our recovery!!! To all who are in the chat room working the 12th step-- thanks-- and please let all who log in remember-- this room is a continuing chain of working a great program-- linked tightly by our face to face meetings!! Happy chatting and to all a great betfree Day!!!
Always,
Sami