Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is enough
Hi Davieboy,

Good to hear from you...Please do keep in touch..
Looking forward for hearing your progress...

Smartie xxx
First of all, willpower is not the key to stopping gambling. Willpower never helped me one bit when I was in the grips of my gambling addiction. Over the years I tried many times to stop gambling and nothing worked until I started attending GA meetings (fact).

Compulsive gambling is far from similar to smoking, smoking being a chemical addiction. Once a person is able to ween themselves off the nicotine over time then it is almost certain that people can stop smoking (in my experience). In fact if you look at the amount of people (in this country) who have stopped smoking i.e. in the last 5 years, compared to the amount of cgs who have stopped gambling, anyone would see that they are in no way comparable.

For me, accepting the guidance of GA and what it stands for is the key to success. Continuing down the path of doing things 'My Way' will only ever take me to the same destination....destruction. 'My Way' brought me to GA, and since I have been leading my life the 'GA Way' I have not gambled once and have a much better quality of life.

There will always be gambling urges. Even 7 years on I still get them from time to time, but it is how I deal will them that matters. I no longer react in the same way to these urges and this shows my strength in recovery, it is a direct result of the change in my personality that the guidance of GA (and hard work put in by me) has taught me.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)