Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My gambling life, so wish it was different!
The only way you are going to sort your addiction out is through continued help. Not just when you get found out and you try a last-ditched attempt to salvage the destruction you have caused. You need to do this for YOU and nobody else.

One thing I know that, left to my one devices, I will continually push the boundaries. Whatever I got away with yesterday I will try more today and see if I can get away with it. It is common amongst us addicts (especially in relationships). Eventually, however, I get found out and I stupidly believed that another lie/false promise would yet again solve the problem. Unfortunately the problem is ME, it's not the gambling, I use the gambling to escape the problem (just like everyone else).

The only way I was able to stop gambling was when 'I' truly wanted to stop. Not when I needed to and not when I had to. I had to be ready to do if for myself.

I hope the Portsmouth meeting goes well for you and you continue to attend it and any other meetings you decide to go to. This illness, for me, requires continued medication, but no doctor has a tablet or an injection that will help me, the only medication I have found is through GA meetings and being open and honest in those meetings.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)

Messages In This Thread
Re: My gambling life, so wish it was different! - by BigDave - 17-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Re: My gambling life, so wish it was different! - by BigDave - 19-07-2013, 01:34 PM