Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 days later
Hi itsallgone

Congratulations on nearly two weeks off gambling. If it is anything like my first two weeks you must feel strange, but in a good way. It was exciting however, when the initial novelty wore off, I felt almost lost and regularly eager to escape back to the safety of gambling. The support of GA really helped at this point and the contact I had with the members from my local meeting was a real life saver. It is great that you have allowed GA to be part of your support network, it will pay a vital role.

I don't want it to sound horrible but you should be concerned about your next pay day and the forthcoming ones after that. Money burns a hole in our pockets. When we have no money it is much easier to not place a bet. If you have someone you trust who could look after your finances (maybe your mum) then take advantage of their help. I have met hundreds of GA members who thought they were strong enough to cope with the first pay day until it comes. If doing things your own way has not worked until now what makes you think it will be different now, because you've had a few weeks not gambling? Don't let pride get in the way of common sense!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Big Dave