Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Gambling
Hello Miss

Have you researched gambling addiction?

Sadly its a serious illness and one that doesn't just go away in my case because I've passed into addiction. Question is have you?

There are a list of 20 questions on the main GA page that might be able to help you?

Maybe you may be able at sometimes to accept some help? GA has many groups open throughout the country?
Maybe just find your nearest one and take it from there..

Again if you have any questions feel free to ask....

missunhappy Wrote:What is wrong with me?
Do other people do this? or do they save their winnings and only play every so often? I feel so alone.

Answering these two first...
I don't make opinions on others...enough people have judged me in the past...but i know today i am a compulsive gambler in recovery...
Great thing is GA gives me so much help...its so amazing.

Yes other people are addicted to compulsive gambling too and everyone gambles slightly differently..

The most important thing for me is that I want to stop and that i am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Speak soon
Smartie xx
hi you are certainly not on your own in feeling the way you do i have done exactly the same thing except i carried on until i lost my home and managed to get into thousands in debt; it didn't matter how much i beat myself up over all the money i had lost i still went back and put more on the internet gaming sites, after 10 plus years i finally gave up chasing the impossible dream. With the support of my daughters i put a block on my laptop so that all access to sites was stopped and started to attend my local GA ,after one meeting the relief i felt just coming clean about everything was unbelievable; it has been 33 days since my last bet and although it has not been easy each day is a bonus and finally my daughters have got their mum 'back'. My advice to you is get the block put on your computer if you can and if you want too get in touch with your local GA.and hopefully you will find the meeting offers exactly what you are looking for - you certainly have started going in the right direction, good luck