Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this Finally admitting i have a problem
Hi i have been a conpulsive gambler for the last few years, i have earned good money but wasted gambling and chasing losses always wanting more than i have earnd. i have now finally admitted that i have a problem with gambling and want to get help. i will be viviting my first GA meeting in darlington tomorow. i have never been to one before so am unsure what it will be like. i do know i want to stop gambling and would like to live a happy life without the thought of gambling taking over me. i have just today told my fiance that i have a problem and want to get help. she has been very understanding with this. i feel a huge wait has been lifted off my shoulders after admitting my gambling problem. i know its going to be a hard long road but i feel i have the strength to come out fighting.
Hi smartie thankyou for replying to my post. I would have to say the meeting went well. It helped me realize its not just me who is battling this demon. I can see how the support of the groups can help people. I am looking forward to my next visit tonight. Many thanks
Many thanks smarty
i am thinking about going to a meeting i have never been before,i live in the midlands & the local meeting place is closed this tuesday, i am 41 & been addicted to gambling over 25 years...