Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a light?
After many years of knowing I have a problem I am finally looking to get help to try and rebuild my life.
I, like many others I'm sure, have always believed that I could cope with my compulsive gambling and hide it from the people I care about most and even overcome it on my own.

On Monday I finally came clean to my girlfriend. I fear I may have lost her due to this and this would be the second serious relationship I have ruined due to gambling and the dishonesty that comes with it. I told my mother who was distraught. She helped me out of a situation a few years ago and had always believed, as I had led her to, that I had my gambling under control.

I have a young son from a previous relationship (ruined in part by my gambling) and I fear he will grow up to become a compulsive gambler as my father was and I followed in his footsteps. I need to ensure this does not happen by seeking help and making a change in my life. I need to get my girlfriend back and show her the person I know I can be.

This post is a step to taking back control of my life and making the necessary changes.