Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a light?
After many years of knowing I have a problem I am finally looking to get help to try and rebuild my life.
I, like many others I'm sure, have always believed that I could cope with my compulsive gambling and hide it from the people I care about most and even overcome it on my own.

On Monday I finally came clean to my girlfriend. I fear I may have lost her due to this and this would be the second serious relationship I have ruined due to gambling and the dishonesty that comes with it. I told my mother who was distraught. She helped me out of a situation a few years ago and had always believed, as I had led her to, that I had my gambling under control.

I have a young son from a previous relationship (ruined in part by my gambling) and I fear he will grow up to become a compulsive gambler as my father was and I followed in his footsteps. I need to ensure this does not happen by seeking help and making a change in my life. I need to get my girlfriend back and show her the person I know I can be.

This post is a step to taking back control of my life and making the necessary changes.
Hello Md

Does GA recovery play any part in that recovery?

Have you read the 'new to ga' link on the main ga page?........... explains about ga and how it can help?

Any questions just ask...
Smartie xx