Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I help my brother?
As long as your father keeps giving your brother money it is very unlikely that he will stop gambling. This is called enabling.

When I was 'in action' I would tell anyone anything in order to get money from them. Some of the lies I thought up were priceless, not to mention the scams I got away with. Looking back now I am surprised I got away with half of them. The kindness of others was easy to play on.

I think you need to talk to your dad and make him see that he is not helping matters. It was only until all my potential avenues to get money (apart from stealing of course) were extinguished that I finally decided to stop gambling. And, personally, I don't think that it is fair that you keep such a secret from the rest of your family, they have a right to know.

When I stopped gambling I told everyone, they all had a right to know. While my gambling remained a secret it was all too easy to keep doing it. To many compulsive gambling is a very secretive affair. Putting it out in the open helped me (and still does today) to stop.

This is only my personal opinion. I am in no way trying to tell you what to do. I am merely sharing my own experiences with you.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)