Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losers diary.
Andy
Your ,pain , anger , rage is apparent. What is not is step 1, that you are totally admitting defeat, and our ready to start your RECOVERY . The totally admiting defeat is there and if you go to GA meeting you might start to recover. Abstaining is not enough , the likely outcome is a return to gambling.
One question , why if you have read the replies to your posts, wouldn't you give yourself a chance and go and see what GA can offer you?
You know what Andy, you go on like it's an impossible task. Like you're the only one who has ever had to go through hell. Do you not realise that the majority of us have all gone through exactly the same, if not worse?

It took me nearly 4 years to pay my debt off. If it wasn't for the fact that I paid myself well from a business I started it would have taken more like 10 years. But, it was never about the money. My recovery had nothing to do with it. In fact the lact of money was the least of my problems; I can live on peanuts, I proved that for over 24 years while gambling, my entire life was in recession before I came to GA. So, you see, while everyone else has been struggling over the past 5 or so years, it hasn't really phased me one bit.

The only time you have been abstinent for a long period in the past Andy is when you have been attending GA meetings. It is not the meetings' (or lack of meetings) fault that you have broken out, it's not GA or it's members fault that you have not opened your eyes to the bigger picture. And, it's not the bookmakers fault that you have an addiction to gambling.

The GA way works, what's that saying? 'It works if you work it!

Abstinence does not equal recovery.

Big Dave (Uxbridge/Eastcote)