Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story & what I've learned
Hello.

I enjoyed reading your post and well done on your success so far. It really is a great achievement to have been bet-free for so long. I also commend your for the efforts that you have made to focus on what you need to do to stop gambling.

One troubling thing that you mentioned though is that you still think about gambling daily even after 4 years. Obviously, I am a GA member and have been regularly attending GA meetings for many years, I no longer think about gambling at all (or very rarely). In fact, after about a year of stopping I ceased to get those daily urges. The 'white knuckle ride' of stopping is far in the past now.

It is obvious that you have your head screwed and you are going the right way about things so far. I would however, suggest that you do not rule out going to GA meetings. In my opinion it is far better to be thorough than to fail after all the effort that has been put in. Afterall, as I see it, recovery from this addiction, every day I am stepping on untrodden ground, therefore must be treated with the utmost respect and caution. I try my best to keep an open mind at all times.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge/High Wycombe)