Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally attended a GA meeting.
Good for you donkey.

Many people kick themselves after they've been to a meeting wondering what all the fuss was about before. I suppose it's the apprehension/fear of walking into the unknown, not to mention we have an addiction holding us back, throwing all manner of thoughts into our heads.

It's great that you made that first step though the doors. And, i am always very pleased to hear when others have that feeling of elation after their first meeting, as it takes me back to my first one and reminds me of just how I felt.

Keep going mate.....it gets better!

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge/High Wycombe/Aylesbury)
donkey Wrote:Last Monday evening I attended a GA meeting and it was the best thing I've ever done and I don't no why I held off this long. I was made to feel welcome and listened to what other people were going through. Then I had my say on what I had been doing and was offered advice. I really would recommend to anyone who is struggling with this illness to attend a meeting. Onwards and upwards for me last bet was 25/04/2015 and I will make sure there will be no more. Would also like to say when I left the meeting I felt like a new person and felt I had got such a weight off my shoulders.

Million reasons to not go to a GA meeting...I can still list them...but i only need one reason to attend...

Glad you've found that reason...now I hope you keep finding it on a weekly basis...

Perhaps next get a sponsor? Pick up a phone list?

Smartie xx