Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm frightened.
Hi ngp1960

I remember the feeling... the postie arriving with the mail... the dread...knowing that I would almost certainly have another letter from a creditor. Eventually I would just ignore the mailbox until it overflowed. Then I would pick up all letters, and without reading where they had come from I would throw them in the rubbish! Problem solved! Out of sight, out of mind.

Unfortunately, between the mail & the phone calls ( the phone calls were the worst ) & a few other problems it all became too much. I had gambled hundreds of thousands, lied to creditors & family, borrowed ( stole ) money from family...you name it I did it, or thought of doing it.

Eventually I attempted suicide. That's a story in itself...just was not meant to be.

I was at rock bottom...loathing,hating myself etc...we all know how we feel about ourselves.

But, that was when I attended my first GA meeting. Then I realised, I was not alone. The people in the room were not "bums"
or "deadbeats". They were normal everyday people, just like me...and YOU! We can relate to each other.

Whilst I believe this forum & others like it are great, I firmly believe that the best way to attempt to beat this addiction is to attend GA meetings. Talk to people who know how you feel. Face to face. Friend to friend. They have been thru what you are going thru. Just a group of fellow gamblers who have one desire...to stop gambling. They can & are willing to help you.

Best wishes
roy (from downunder)

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm frightened. - by Andy - 05-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Re: I'm frightened. - by Guest - 05-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Re: I'm frightened. - by Guest - 06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Re: I'm frightened. - by Guest - 07-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Re: I'm frightened. - by Guest - 07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Re: I'm frightened. - by Guest - 28-02-2010, 11:45 AM