Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greed
Hi,

I think i'm after a bit of advice more than anything from guys who know how I feel and how to stop gambling!

Basically, my gambling has got to a point where I don't particularly get a buzz out of winning any more - but get very very annoyed and down when I lose!

Take today for example, I chased and chased my bets to a point where I ended up losing hundreds - from just 4 races - as I kept on thinking that I would make it all back on the next race!! It just spirals and I keep thinking down the lines of 'law of averages' say=id the next odds on horse 'has to' come in!! And I think if I don't place the next bet, that horse is definitely going to come in and i'll be kicking myself!!

I just need some thoughts on how to stop as I don't want to be the next guy who loses his house / family all for the sake of making a few quid!! The bottom line is that it is just pure greed and I know that. I don't have a badly paid job so I don't even know why I continue to gamble...?? It's almost that if I spend on something, I feel as though I have to win that back...? Does that feeling sound familiar to anyone?

About 5 months ago I did stop for about 2 weeks and it felt ok - but then I got back into the winning habit and started all over again - before I inevitably had one of my bad days and lost all my winnings and more!!

After today, I really want to make a proper effort and stop - and not even think that a few pounds 'won't hurt'.

Any advice or guidance would be really apprecaited.

Messages In This Thread
Greed - by damw1978 - 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Re: Greed - by Guest - 12-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Re: Greed - by Guest - 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Re: Greed - by gph - 12-05-2010, 03:09 PM