Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gambling is a mugs game!!!
Jimmy,
You may see me often post comments on here, firstly well done for saying "enough is enough" I am sure your wife and two children will appreciate this much greater. Im similar to you didnt realise till 30 what i was or had done to myself, its a long long long time since I had a bet, nearly 4years come January but the next bet is only round the corner.

You see one thing you have put in this message that we didnt listen to advise we just did this. My best friend at 18 said to me "you a mug" as i piled like a looney tune into a one armed bandit. I was a mug all through my twenties also I cannot really even begin to asses how much I lost in terms of cash, lets just say "enough" this doesnt however matter to me. What however matters to me is ensuring i take one day at a time and dont bet, simple, that focus is daily and for the rest of my life.

Because I know that although courage and strength is strong at this moment there will be dark days ahead where I lose someone I love or something goes wrong in my life, but being away from gambling you realise and learn to cope with these things.

Good luck in abstaining and well done for admitting on here, i hope you attend a meeting and follow a path that is better for you.

Stay strong "a day at a time for the rest of your life"

Messages In This Thread
Gambling is a mugs game!!! - by Guest - 11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Re: Gambling is a mugs game!!! - by helen - 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Re: Gambling is a mugs game!!! - by Guest - 12-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Re: Gambling is a mugs game!!! - by bubble970 - 09-11-2010, 04:26 PM