Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a partner of Gambler
Hi Debbie,
I will try to explain and that is difficult as your not a compulsive gambler. Please dont take that sentiment the wrong way because I am going to try to help you in this post.

There is a group also called gamanon for those who have issues with partners or loved ones to understand how others feel.

I will make statements in this post that you may not understand or want to comprehend but they serve a purpose to help.

Firstly your husband and I share the same affliction we are "compulsive gamblers" in that we never understand why we gamble, we know we hurt this around us but whilst in action (gambling) we are in freefall to stop until we have a trigger to stop, we become devious, we lie, we dream and we although we know we dont wish to be like this we hurt the people closest to us.

8years ago I was a lovong doting wonderfull father adored by my child but a compulsive gambler still in action. I went to GA after an argument also (your bringing painful memories back) and In GA I found there was hope, there was a way in which to live.

I wont explain to you the GA programme neither will I ask you to trust your husband unfortunately he is always going to be a compulsive gambler but you must be the strong one now to guide in this new life he has chosen to undertake.

In this you need to control the finances which for any man to accept is very difficult indeed, but this will help him. His attention needs to re-focus on you and your daughter and the meetings.

try to understand that you must notice signs from now on trust where you can and keep control of the financial aspect of life.

If you can try to go to a gamanon meeting.

Do not blame yourself.

My name is Barrie and I will always be a compulisve gambler

Messages In This Thread
Being a partner of Gambler - by white - 13-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Re: Being a partner of Gambler - by Barrieexgambler - 18-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Re: Being a partner of Gambler - by upset wife - 20-12-2010, 07:00 PM