Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't just be desperate, follow through !
Hi Jessica and Cleo, I have been following your postings from day one. I must tell you both that this illness/addiction is very serious and can't tell how much importance it is to be in contact with healthy recovering CG's. I could only do the 12th step of the program after several years of being in GA and having worked thoroughly on the other 11 steps. I never treat my recovery lightly and realize that the next bet I make would probably be my last as I believe it would kill me. I know this sounds dramatic but if you continue to gamble your life will only get worse, never better. I do not talk gambling, don't go anywhere near gambling venues and if I had been an internet gambler I would honestly have ditched my computer. I will come on here soon and tell my story (not pretty) but today I live my life just a 'day at a time', the best I can and I would not ever want to go back to the misery and nightmare of the life I had when I was gambling.
I had to move several hundreds of miles to be near a GA meeting and I could never have the life I have today without them. Since attending GA I have virtually seen several hundreds of people come through the doors in dire straights ie bankrupt financially and spiritually, lost husbands/wives, broken frienships, attempted suicides and then they dissappear, back to gambling I presume. So what I'm saying is that the 12 steps can look overwhelming but if you keep things simple and take things slowly a day at a time you will go on to live a fantastic life.
Helen in GA fellowship

Messages In This Thread
Re: Don't just be desperate, follow through ! - by cleo - 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Re: Don't just be desperate, follow through ! - by cleo - 13-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Re: Don't just be desperate, follow through ! - by helen - 14-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Re: Don't just be desperate, follow through ! - by cleo - 15-04-2011, 09:12 AM