Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help!
hi,well done in admitting you have a problem.thats the first step of many!all us users on the forum are either fighting the addiction or have had a problem at one point or another.if you cant stop when your winning or losing,spend far too much time and money when you gamble or its always somewhere in your mind you are like us and have a problem.oh and not forgetting the lying,borrowing money and feeling like crap after a losing session..how familiar all these things are to most of us.Good news tho,you with willpower and support can change this,it take time and strength and a lot of hard work and it will be an illness we may all be fighting for a long time if not forever.our way is simple take a day at a time,dont look any further than that just for today tell yourself you will not gamble,keep busy,do not carry money with you,stay away from places and people where you may be tempted.telling others is always a good idea as it means you are being honest about your problems.all this i have learnt and followed for 7 weeks!!!i was where you are now and a short time later life is good again,im not going to lie it hasnt been easy but im starting to feel 'normal' again even better than that by keeping things simple im finding me again.meetings are so important,we need others like ourselves to work through things,who better to understand us than others who have been or are in the same situation!!!??i live nowhere near a meeting so decided to try church which is going well for me.good luck for the next few days-you will probably be needing it!!!!keep us up to date with how you go.xxx

Messages In This Thread
Please Help! - by tooley12 - 22-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Re: Please Help! - by cleo - 23-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Re: Please Help! - by wangman28 - 23-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Re: Please Help! - by tooley12 - 23-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Re: Please Help! - by tooley12 - 24-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Re: Please Help! - by cleo - 24-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Re: Please Help! - by wangman28 - 30-05-2011, 07:12 PM