Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help
Hey everyone. Don't really know where to start but i have been compulsively gambling now for 8-9 years. About 4 years ago my parents bailed me out of tens of thousands worth of gambling debt which i pay back at a relatively small amount a month. I regrettably convinced them that i had learnt my lesson and did'nt need any professional help. However, i soon found myself gambling again and i now find myself with another debt on credit cards. I couldn't possibly tell my parents about this debt as it would devestate them and i couldn't possibly ask them for anymore help. I'm struggling to pay off these debts as well as other bills. I feel so ashamed of myself!

The last week i have hit rock bottom. On two seperate occassions i managed to turn small amounts of money into very large amounts. However, instead of withdrawing the winnings, despite being very close to doing it, i managed to lose it all. That money could have eased so much pressure on my debt payments and reduced the amount of creditors i owe. Why couldn't i stop when i was way ahead? It's like when i gamble my rationale thinking is non-existent. I feel so devestated that i didn't withdraw and now find myself with more debt!

I am now 26 years old and feel like if i don't sort out my debts and stop gambling soon than life will begin to pass me by very quickly without ever having any money or reaching my job potential as i have a degree. Gambling and the debts i have are preventing me from maximising my potential as i would like to do a masters but would no way be able to afford it. Gambling is also having a negative effect on my friendships and relationships. Just as well i'm currently single! Why do i keep on compulsively gambling? I need help to stop before it's too late!

Messages In This Thread
Need help - by astuartDral - 23-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Re: Need help - by Rmllbzd - 28-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Re: Need help - by barrieexgambler - 03-10-2011, 01:57 AM