Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Ga Clarification - Probation
At Wakefield tonight we had someone attend their first meeting, as part of their probation they have to have 15 sessions of addiction help signed off by someone. Are we as Gamblers Anonymous ok to sign off this gentleman's form for 15 weeks? If no-one has a definitive answer on this can you let me know who within GA we should ask asap please. Thanks
Never heard of that and not sure how that would fit in with the anonymous nature of the meeting...

Maybe you could contact the Prison Liasion officer or National information officer who may have some experience in this....?? Both of their emails are on the main GA page on the contact us tab or contact them via your regional secretary.

Smartie xx
(08-09-2016, 10:40 PM)smartie Wrote: Never heard of that and not sure how that would fit in with the anonymous nature of the meeting...

Maybe you could contact the Prison Liasion officer or National information officer who may have some experience in this....??  Both of their emails are on the main GA page on the contact us tab or contact them via your regional secretary.

Smartie xx

The contact us section doesn't appear to be working. Could you provide those e-mail addresses please?
thanks for that adam....i've passed on the problem to the webmaster...

info@gamblersanonymous.org.uk or nat.plo@gamblersanonymous.org.uk.
(09-09-2016, 10:58 AM)smartie Wrote: thanks for that adam....i've passed on the problem to the webmaster...

info@gamblersanonymous.org.uk or nat.plo@gamblersanonymous.org.uk.

Thanks Smartie
welcome adam...

let us know what happens, i'll be interested in the answer myself...
I was informed that we are ok to sign it off
Should be interesting to see how it goes...

It puts you in a position of responsibility...

What happens if they don't turn up? Could be awkward lets say if they don't turn up for a few weeks and then ask you to sign the form retrospectively....how would you handle that?
Not awkward at all, it wouldn't get signed
Smile good to hear Adam...

Hope everything else is going well in your group?

Take it you enjoyed the recent Newlife issue 9? Maybe you could encourage your group to send in a contribution or two in future?

Why not come to the regular gathering for unity on Friday at 8-9pm in the chat room. Admin are normally present to encourage, answer any questions they can and explain how GA works. Please note although this room is open 24/7/365, an admin is not always available but are often around during UK evening hours.

Any other questions, feel free to keep in touch