Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is today the day i stop going to the bookies?
so i won quite a bit of money today but at the end of the day i gave it all back to the bookies again so why do i bother?
so im gonna stop trying to win now because i will always give it all back at the end of the day Huh
Read the dream world of a compulsive gambler in the orange book (available in the literature section). It's on page 14.

Gambling addiction can be more than just about the money, it becomes about just being in action.

I'm glad you've come to this realisation, next thing, what is your plan to make changes to stop?

Just for today I will not gamble

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
I don't think winning money and being on a high, then losing it and been on a low, sometimes in quick succession, the ups and downs of emotions like this cannot be good for the health of a gambler either, surely?
all my monthly wages go to my gf so i dont lose everything i only lose what she gives me to spend so far i havent been to the bookies since 26.06.19
(05-07-2019, 11:32 PM)Tyger79 Wrote: all my monthly wages go to my gf so i dont lose everything i only lose what she gives me to spend so far i havent been to the bookies since 26.06.19

Would you therefore gamble more if you had the access?  The decision to continue gambling is of course yours, I do however know from years of experience that all the time I was gambling with what I thought was control, I was still obsessing over it.  Only total abstinence has brought about the clear mind that I have to today to be able to address other areas of my life.  

Are you getting to meetings? What is suggested by other memebers at the meeting?

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Hi

Is today the day I stop hurting myself and I stop hurting other people.
Is today the day I set boundaries for myself that I am going to care about myself and others.
Is today the day I exchange an unhealthy habit in to a healthy habit.
The recovery program helped me heal and to no longer want to escape from people life and situations I feel emotionally vulnerable about.
The therapies enable to see myself in others expereinces.
The recovery program helped me understand what is healthy and what is unhealthy.

Love and peace to every one.
Dave L
AKA Dave of Beckenham