Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi My Names Ty
Hi my names TY hopefully today was the last time that i gamble
How many times have i said that?
Undecided
Hello Ty,
How many times have you said that before and what have you changed this time?
They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing every time and expecting a different outcome.
So I ask what have you done differently to get a different outcome?
How about attending a GA meeting or giving your money to someone who you can't get it from? I'd like to know and then see what help you might need.
hi chris b.

all my wages go to my gf but what money she gives me i sometimes gamble but i dont lose everything as my gf has all my monthly wages
Hi Tyger79
Please don't take 5 months to get back in touch like last time. Gamblers Anonymous say that all gambling is off the table, not small bets are okay, or its fine as long as you don't lose all your money. Compulsive gambling is so much more than just losing money, it's a reflection on you and how you cope or deal with life.
It's good that your money goes to your girlfriend but she should only give you what you need, so money for lunch, travel, etc, not gambling money.
Secondly, in my original reply I asked if you had gone to a GA meeting? Have you tried that yet?
Hey Ty

How does gambling and losing the amounts of money you do have access to make you feel? What would happen if you all of a sudden were responsible for all of your money once again?

What ever you choose, and I emphasis choose, because you are responsible for your actions, you can choose to continue to gamble or you can choose to goto GA and work towards not gambling regardless of the amount of money you do or do not have access to.

The GA meeting I go to, it's moved far from just about gambling, to helping one another with living a more balanced, present life.

I hope you do manage to get to meetings, they have changed my life significantly, because I choose to go and I choose to continue to go.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.