Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus
With meetings closing down because of the virus what are fellow compulsive gamblers views about how as a  fellowship we can still operate?
We have a few ideas up here but interested for other ideas
The Orpington meeting has switched to skype, and we had a successful meeting yesterday. I'm worried for the newcomers though where the doors are no longer open.
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
Good idea for a post David...

Will be interesting to see the responses...

To start with, i'm reminding myself that GA already offers a lot of tools (phonelists, online support, sponsorship etc) that many can pick up and in these uncertain times it need to make sure I focus on my recovery more than ever....

As for holding out the hand of friendship....well, we have this website including all the literature, forum, chat etc.....some phonelines and I know many groups keep in touch in other ways.....

Keep sharing...

Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...

The Beaconsfield meeting had a zoom online meeting yesterday and it was very successful and we are going to keep doing it, even though our meeting hasn't closed it works for people who are high risk or self isolating.
Hi everyone, just joined. The Coventry meeting has been conducted zoom meetings every Thursday and Sunday. We also have a group whatsapp. Members are also making regular contact with other members.