Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 hours without a bet
So ive gone 24 hours without a bet. Dreading the weekend as its non stop football, my go to source of betting. I quit Poker years ago after ending up in A and E after on online poker binge. 
Feeling like crap at the moment as I had to borrow money from my parents on Monday, and I straight up lied to them, I didn't tell them I was gambling on football and ignoring my wife all weekend. To be honest last few days ive felt like if I had a spare few grand in my pocket I would pack my bags and leave. But I couldn't do that to my parents and my wife, they are my world, my wife is my soul mate and my best friend, she is amazing and has always tried to help me regarding my mental health and my gambling.
Hey muzikgenie,

Well done on the 24 hours without a bet. Stopping gambling can be simple for some, but for me being addicted, its something i need to work on daily.

Have you tried getting any help from other places? Did it help? Its good that you realise you have positives in your life regarding your family and wife and hopefully this will aid you in addition to all the help out there...

Let us know how you are

Smartie xx
Meetings help, but meetings are only a small part to how GA works....

GA is a 12 step organisation that offers the program that keeps me in recovery...