Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I end this misery?
Hello. I'm a lifelong compulsive gambler who only admitted the fact on 11 December last year. Since then, I have come clean about the issue with my wife, friends and family and, although I have slipped twice since then, my life is beginning to come back together. I suppose there are 4 things I want to say to you:
1) Do not on any account blame yourself for what has happened in your life. Your partner has an illness which is just as serious and destructive as cancer. He is the only one who can start to solve his problem or at least get it under control - you can help and support but you can't make it happen.
2) Your priority has to be yourself and your child. I'm not qualified to advise you what to do but there are people who are - don't be scared to ask for help. It is good that you have been to woman's aid - let them advise and help.
3) If you are able to get to a Gamanon meeting go - you will get support from people who completely understand what you are going through. They won't judge you and the fellowship of the Group will give you comfort.
4) Don't give up hope. If a 57 year old can start to get his life back on track, anyone can.

Good luck to you.

Messages In This Thread
How can I end this misery? - by wee_vee - 15-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Re: How can I end this misery? - by speedyandy5555 - 16-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Re: How can I end this misery? - by Rob H - 16-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Re: How can I end this misery? - by Guest - 17-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Re: How can I end this misery? - by wee_vee - 18-01-2010, 11:09 AM