Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disgusted with myself
Thank you all for your replies.

Today I came clean to my partner. He was understanbly very angry and hurt and couldn't understand why I had done this. He has decided to stay with me and for this I will be eternally grateful. I know it will be a difficult road ahead for us and I have to earn back his trust and respect, which will take a lot of time. I know that it could have been a very different story and I can never keep anything from him again. All we can do is try to prove ourselves to our loved ones by our actions from now on. This has been the worst week of my life but I am now fully determined to get my former self back and this addiction will not ruin a minute more of my life. I am having my first counselling session with Gamcare on Tuesday and on Monday I will make the journey and go to my first GA meeting. I am feeling exhasuted and still full of shame and guilt. I think it will take me a long time to forgive myself for my actions.

This is just the beginning for me and I wish everyone in the same position the best of luck for the future.

Messages In This Thread
Disgusted with myself - by Guest - 08-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by Steve7 - 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by Parent of Gambler - 09-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by gp - 09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by Guest - 09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by Guest - 09-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Re: Disgusted with myself - by belinda - 24-04-2010, 11:35 AM