Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
once a gambler always a gambler
Hi, I am married to a compulsive gambler. We have been married 23 years and have 3 kids, his gambling has caused us so much pain and heart ache over the years.The last two have been sheer hell because he got us into a situation of debt depression which ended in our lives being threatened. Our families found out about it all for the first time, some of them hate my husband for what he has done and have severed ties with us. We now owe so much money out we have to work long hours to pay debts, we havent had a holiday for 3 years.I have to control all the money my hubby cant even have a bank account, I have to deal with all the bills. I cant talk to him about money worries, say if we get a bill and I cant afford to pay I have to come up with a payment plan but not let him know because he would just gamble again. He has a taxi which means he deals with cash a lot he relapses about every 8 weeks. I have to go and find him to break the cycle of gambling to cover the last gamble otherwise it would go on for days instead of once or twice every 8 weeks. I feel the gambling is under control but isn't stopped. I was thinking do gambles always relapse and is this normal?

Messages In This Thread
once a gambler always a gambler - by Guest - 23-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Re: once a gambler always a gambler - by Guest - 23-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Re: once a gambler always a gambler - by Guest - 25-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Re: once a gambler always a gambler - by Guest - 25-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Re: once a gambler always a gambler - by one day at a time - 25-04-2010, 07:57 PM