Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
I can tell you just banning yourself from being able to gamble on the pc wont be enough, might work for a while, but unless you want to meet the problem head on and accept that you're beat. If you really want to stop it go to meetings regularly. I tried to stop by myself, but the gambling always creeps in especially when things start to sort themself out.

If you think coming clean to your wife is going to send her over the edge, what do you think her finding out by accident will do? Gambling creates a wonderful little bubble where we don't have to face upto any responsibilities, I laugh now when I think I considered suicide as an option for myself because that's how much I didn't want to just be honest with people and deal with my problem, because I thought so highly of myself (being a self absorped, cheating, stealing, lyiing, moody 24/7) it was quite hard to come to the realisation I wasn't such a great guy after all, sometimes a wakeup is good.

Don't wanna sound harsh here but you talk about ending your life and the effect on your son, but there's no mention of how your ill wife is going to cope?

Go to your local meeting, accept and then deal with the problem, it's not going to go away, it may in the short term but more than likely it'll bite you on the bum down the road when how bad you feel now is a distant memory and there's no one around to remind you.

But well done in recognising you have a problem, the next steps are upto you and I wish you all the best.

For me the meetings saved what was left and made something new.

Messages In This Thread
Help! - by Andamanah - 25-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Re: Help! - by Joangela - 27-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Re: Help! - by Guest - 29-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Re: Help! - by Guest - 31-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Re: Help! - by Louise1234 - 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM