Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm 22 and overdrawn
Hi Deedeem,I`m a compulsive gambler and will be for the rest of my life, but that does not mean I`m not going to enjoy it, It means I have a emotional weakness that I need to be wary of.
There are many varied reasons why people turn to gambling and I can certainly understand how easily it was for you to change from a regular saver into a gambler so quickly; sometimes thats what people do, take things which are of value to them and destroy them. Try and not be too hard on yourself for this one mistake. I'm sure when you sit down and work out your finances you will be able to see when you will be back in the black. Some gamblers will never be able to pay off their debts, yet they still live a worthwhile life. As a consolation, he average student leaving college these days leaves with a lot of debt.
Have you had a heart to heart with your parents about these issues? Because they won`t go away and you need to resolve them for your peace of mind. Will your brothers back you? Can you reach a compromise?
Have you asked yourself "has losing your savings made matters better or worse ?"
And as for banks, they are more likely to lend money to people who have had an overdraft and paid it back.
PLEASE, nip this gambling in the bud before it totally takes over your life! It's a progressive illness ,like a tumour growing in your brain - don't feed it and it won't grow.
Be vigilant.
Jimbo

Messages In This Thread
i'm 22 and overdrawn - by deedeeem - 09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Re: i'm 22 and overdrawn - by Guest - 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Re: i'm 22 and overdrawn - by Guest - 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Re: i'm 22 and overdrawn - by jimbob - 13-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Re: i'm 22 and overdrawn - by deedeeem - 14-08-2010, 03:30 PM