Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time to make a change, but know i need help
Welcome, you have come to the right site to get the best advice for your addiction. Great that you have made the decision to get to a GA meeting. I wish I had done that when I was your age but unfortunately I went on to gamble most of my entire life. In the GA book it tells you that if you continue to gamble three things will eventually happen, insanity, prison or death. I think the insanity piece has probably already happened to you as you look back and see the things we did over and over again with the same outcome. The most important advice I can give you is to go along to the GA meeting with an open mind and keep going back, if you don't get it to start with the program will eventually get you. I have seen hundreds of people come the first night and never see them again. Well there is no magic cure for us and Gamblers Anonymous is not an easy answer, you have to work hard at it for the rest of your life, but things do get better and you can go on to live a full and happy life without ever gambling again. Take the time to read some of the other postings on here and you will see the results of recovery.
I wish you well
Helen a GA member

Messages In This Thread
time to make a change, but know i need help - by liam - 20-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Re: time to make a change, but know i need help - by helen - 21-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Re: time to make a change, but know i need help - by Barrieexgambler - 22-10-2010, 12:36 AM