Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Importance of accepting and understanding step one.
Dave,
I found myself getting deeper and deeper into your post with "undersanding". I can recollect as a child my fathers anger, I can recollect me taking out my frustration on me, I can understand what that "adrenalin rush" is about.

My father would hit me with planks of wood, many times punched me, one time kicked me across a garden. During my early days of reflection, counselling, I would tell him, remind him of these things, punish him like I punished myself.

Now however a long time free from gambling I dont punish him for his frustrations as I punsihed myself for mine also. Instead wisdom arrives in a form of courage, courage that this was only past, my counselling is in my own mind.

Life is not easy for anyone especially with Children, especially with money issues, especially when life cannot always be as we want it. My head is no longer messy of thoughts circulating around resentment, thoughts of what a nice person i would have been my father had understood me, but like me he has matured.

I matured through thought of a being the better person that I am. I now discuss good things with my father we have a healthy relationship and now as men we are able to discuss like men.

I really appreciated your post however.

Keep that positivity.

B

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Importance of accepting and understanding step one. - by Barrieexgambler - 26-11-2010, 11:35 AM