Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It can be done - dont give up!
Carefree.
Just like to thank you for your post. You could have given me the name of carefree for many years whilst in the grip of this dreadfull desease. I did everything you can imagine and more.

I stole, I lied all the time, I moved around, I lived in places unimaginable, I was never settled, I sold things for a fraction of there worth to try to win money back in desperation, the list goes on.

Women were not a thing I respected as I didnt respect myself.

Today and that is an important word for me as now I live for that day and do not gamble in that day I can tell you how much my life has changed for the better.

Today I didnt gamble I have apart from one week of madness said that for the past four years. (it never leaves us!!)

Back when I made that change due largely to GA I couldnt pay a single repayment on a loan. Was always an excuse for rent etc, I lost my wallet thousands of times (not), got mugged dont know how many times (not) I was always the big shot.

Today: and its taken me four years of today to get to this situation:

Today I own a car. Today I have money in the bank. Today I have self respect (this means a lot to me), today I have friends (true friends!), today I respect my GF, today I am structured, today if I have an issue I will deal with that issue, today no matter how dark my thoughts I will remain positive.

The most important thing I can say to anyone in the midst of gambling is this: before I started to live my life for today I was shrouded in issues and problems, phone calls for debt repayments, pressure and more pressure, small problems were huge problems (solved in isolation of gambling! not!)

The other thing I can say is now my relationship with those I love and those who love me is a real one, they can see the character change very clearly.

I like you will live my life for today as you are an inspiration to me as I hope I am to others.

Life will never be plain sailing, will never be easy but as long as I live for today I will be a happy, content and satisfied man safe in the knowledge today I didnt cheat, didnt steal, didnt hurt.

Because Just for today I didnt gamble.

Thanks for your post carefree: keep up the fight!!

Barrie

Messages In This Thread
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by sunshine - 13-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Barrieexgambler - 14-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Barrieexgambler - 15-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by lee4 - 16-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Guest - 17-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Robbo - 20-03-2011, 08:47 PM