Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It can be done - dont give up!
Carefree,
I could write a million stories such was that man.

I didnt even appreciate to any extent some of the things I did such was the grip of gambling. There is something wonderfully amazing about GA and that is this. People who write, express and have been there and "got the T-shirt" are there to post to others, we have all a common ground, all done the same things.

I remember at an early age i stole from this guy, looked over his shoulder and remembered his pin number, later took his card and withdrew money, returning to place his card back.

I am not proud of the things I did, not one little bit. But I am proud of all those people who realise that you can change and anylize yourself to such a degree to find who you are within.

I especially think its nice that people like you and i can share things we have done and chuckle.

I think I have been somewhat hard on some people in my life for failings, always thought I was perfect and yet I was not really. I remember my parents 30th wedding anniversary, standing and loosing nearly all the money i had then travelling and chatting to my uncle who bought all the drinks.

I was not a man, I was an excuse.

Many things from this programme enrich my life, thinking about others, thinking about what I should do for them, thinking about what I can be if I just live for today.

I want to say thanks that it was recognised by yourself that you felt a similarity on my posts.

Its what the fellowship is all about.

Keep in touch, keep posting!!

Barrie

Messages In This Thread
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by sunshine - 13-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Barrieexgambler - 14-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Barrieexgambler - 15-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by lee4 - 16-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Guest - 17-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Re: It can be done - dont give up! - by Robbo - 20-03-2011, 08:47 PM