Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Stop!
Hi All,

I am a wife of a compulsive gambler and i found out how serious it was last saturday when i opened a bank statement and seen how much debt my husband had got us into with out my knowledge........it broke my heart. I asked myself how he could do this to me and my son, put is through it, it was so out of character as i really beleive that we are his life, so how could he lie to us and watch me struggle every month with money.

I decided i was gonna end things and packed a bag to leave but before i did this i called his father to explain what he had done, my father in law was very sympathetic towards my husband which annoyed me but he told me that this must be a serious illness that needed treated. For thr rest of the day i thought long and hard about what i was gonna do and if this really was a illness it needed treated, i called GA and started reading these forums. I have a better understanding of things now and we as a family are taking the steps needed to help my husband.

What i am saying is leaving your wife and family is a bad idea, you need to try help her understand what this is. I am still finding this difficult to understand but if my husband left me rather than asking for my help i would be deverstated, we need each other if we are gonna sort this. I realise its going to be a difficult road ahead but i made vows and it means something. As for the debt we are in, its not nice but at the end of the day it will be payed off one day, marrige is for life, try letting her in before you leave xxxx

Messages In This Thread
Re: Need to Stop! - by Barrieexgambler - 20-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Re: Need to Stop! - by Bos - 20-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: Need to Stop! - by Barrieexgambler - 22-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Re: Need to Stop! - by Bos - 25-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Re: Need to Stop! - by Barrieexgambler - 26-03-2011, 03:02 AM